brown

Monday, December 17, 2012

Abortion

 I Could Have Been

I could have been a Doctor, or a Lawyer or a Cook,
I could have been the Author of an influential book,
I could have been a Teacher helping children learn to read,
I could have been a Farmer growing crops from just a seed.
I could have picked a dandelion upon a summer's day,
and then with just my breath I could have blown it all away.

I could have caught a butterfly and kept it in a jar,
I could have sat up on my roof and wished upon a star,
I could have cuddled, cozy warm and sleeping in my bed,
I could have told a story while I stood upon my head.

I could have held a kitten,
I could have laughed out loud,
I could have made my Mommy and Daddy very proud,
and if someone had told my Mother that abortion was a sin,
Perhaps she would have listened,
And the perhaps... I could have been!

- Barbara J. Dorner


This poem is about abortion and so many young and old women have abortion. It is so sad. On the back of the poem it has some facts about abortion. I will try to right it down as they did.
           
The Facts of Abortion
 
In the United States
  • 1 in 5 pregnancies end in abortion.
  • 1,210,000 babies are killed by abortion each year.
  • 2,000,000 couples are waiting to adopt in the U.S
  • Abortion is legal up to the day of the birth in ALL 50 states.
  • 143 abortion clinics in the U.S offer to kill unborn babies after the 24th week of gestation.
  • Yearly, over 8,000 babies are aborted after they might have survived outside the womb.
  • Almost all abortions occur after the baby's heart has begun beating.
  • Teenagers in the United States have 216,000 abortions each year.
  • 1 in 3 women in the United States will have at least one abortion in her lifetime.
Worldwide
  • Approximately 42,000,000 babies are aborted yearly.
  • There are more abortions than births in Eastern Europe each year (105 abortions for every 100 births)
  • 9,000,000 abortions were REPORTED in China in one year.
 
I got this paper a couple of years ago so I'm not sure how accurate it is, but abortion is awful and never should have started. Thanks for reading.
                         ~Kaitlyn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment